Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices
December 2002 by Staff
I opened the front door of my house at 5:00 AM to find it raining hard and water standing in puddles all over the driveway. Just great! It hadn’t rained for 3 weeks, and on the morning we were leaving for a weekend dredging trip, the weather decided to change.
• New Congress is off to a good start
• It’s all about connections...
• The numbers speak for themselves...
Excerpts from California Mining Journal, our original title, published 50 years ago this month.
• US Supreme Court declines to hear dredging controversy
• Why Senate Bill S3422 is bad for America
• Comment deadline extended for new California dredging regulations
• Conformation for some
• Congress canceling regulations
Growth in worldwide demand for uranium is leading producers back to Wyoming, which leads the nation in uranium production.
- Souvenirs to die for…
- Honey, where’s that photo of our 500-pound emerald?
- Something to write about…
The Bawl Mill • Original Sixteen-to-One Mine Fights On • Solar-Powered Placer Sampling Equipment • Working the Belmont Mine—1953 (Part 3—Conclusion) • Company Notes • Picks & Pans: Gold and Bears • Gold in North Dakota • The North Star Mine • Dectecting Alaskan Gold Nuggets • The Ancient History of Gold • Columbians Continue Search for Emeralds • Melman on Gold & Silver