The Bawl Mill
December 2002 by Staff• Your tax dollars at work
• He's an "expert" in stupidity
• No sense of humor
An era ended in Leadville February 4, when the last miners left the Black Cloud mine and hung up their brass tags for the last time.
Dr. Ralph E. Pray
• Our Federal Landlord
• One down, two to go
• Challenging timing windows in Washington State
• More roadblocks to mining
Within these districts, some of the roads and trails have been reopened for access, critical habitat designations have been scaled back, and a few Mining Districts were completely removed from proposed withdrawals.
• "No small mining operation can afford this..."
• "The small arrastra still lives... "
• "...an effective defense against Green political efforts to lock the public off public lands."
A recent online survey on our homepage confirmed what we expected...
Original Sixteen-to-One Mine Fights On • Solar-Powered Placer Sampling Equipment • Working the Belmont Mine—1953 (Part 3—Conclusion) • Company Notes • Picks & Pans: Gold and Bears • Gold in North Dakota • The North Star Mine • Dectecting Alaskan Gold Nuggets • The Ancient History of Gold • Columbians Continue Search for Emeralds • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices • Melman on Gold & Silver