December 2002 by Staff• Sterling Mining Company
• Pan American Silver Corp.
• Vista Gold Corp.
• Fronteer Development Group
• US Gold Corp.
• NovaGold Resources
- WOTUS rule finalized
- Reminder on new claim fees
Within the first 3 hours he and I had found pocket after pocket of gold and couldn't wait to tell Levi of our treasure.
- EPA declines to impose additional regulations and financial requirements on hardrock miners
- “Baffling” ruling in suction gold dredging court case
The article that appeared in the October 2002 Issue of ICMJ, “Confessions of a Professional Nuggetshooter,” by Lunk, is an example of how to use a “deep-seeking-type” metal detector to lay down a grid pattern to “mine” eluvial placer gold after prospecting and finding the first nugget as the locus.
While a large number of locations have yielded some placer gold, most of the state’s placer production has come from a few productive districts.
- PLF files petition with US Supreme Court on behalf of Oregon miners
- Land and Water Conservation Fund abuse by Forest Service
- Army asks for REE proposals
The Bawl Mill • Original Sixteen-to-One Mine Fights On • Solar-Powered Placer Sampling Equipment • Working the Belmont Mine—1953 (Part 3—Conclusion) • Picks & Pans: Gold and Bears • Gold in North Dakota • The North Star Mine • Dectecting Alaskan Gold Nuggets • The Ancient History of Gold • Columbians Continue Search for Emeralds • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices • Melman on Gold & Silver