December 2002 by Staff• Sterling Mining Company
• Pan American Silver Corp.
• Vista Gold Corp.
• Fronteer Development Group
• US Gold Corp.
• NovaGold Resources
• Red tape at its finest...
• With the stroke of a pen
The 2011 gold season had finally got underway on the Middle Fork of the Feather River near Quincy, California. Cold weather and high water had pushed gold mining into mid-summer, but things were looking up.
• "No small mining operation can afford this..."
• "The small arrastra still lives... "
• "...an effective defense against Green political efforts to lock the public off public lands."
I had some success following this premise this summer, finding a few nuggets in places I think I overlooked in the past.
Please note that new mining claims filed on or after September 1, 2019, will be subject to the new fee schedule.
The Bawl Mill • Original Sixteen-to-One Mine Fights On • Solar-Powered Placer Sampling Equipment • Working the Belmont Mine—1953 (Part 3—Conclusion) • Picks & Pans: Gold and Bears • Gold in North Dakota • The North Star Mine • Dectecting Alaskan Gold Nuggets • The Ancient History of Gold • Columbians Continue Search for Emeralds • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices • Melman on Gold & Silver