December 1999 by Staff• Homestake Mining Company
• Newmont Mining Corporation
• Azco Mining Inc.
• Sterling Mining Co.
• Comico Ltd.
• Vista Gold
• JAB International
The Little Rocky Mountains are a group of wooded hills, 10 miles long and 8 miles wide, which form an island in the Great Plains of north-central Montana. They rise to 5,708 feet, 2,000 feet above the surrounding plains.
The extensive cost reductions now being put in place are not just a short-term reaction to the recent drop in gold prices...
Normally we do not cover gem and mineral shows, but this one is a little different. The Tucson (Arizona) Gem and Mineral show is the sales source for so many small mining operations, I felt I had to address this show and its possibilities for the small miner.
• Norton treasures environment but environmentalists worry
• From the National Forest Service
• Suit Filed Against Roadless Initiative
• New EPA rules restrict ombudsman
• Forest Service Sierra Nevada plan is even opposed by Feinstein
• Energy conservation? Or investing in power?
• Collecting Dividends from the "Brown" fund
• Come rain, sleet, or snow...
Several years ago one of the most important persons on the American political scene was Ross Perot, an independent candidate for President. His favorite campaign theme was railing against (NAFTA) and his claim was that...
- NEPA comments due
- Update on latest US Supreme Court suction gold dredging appeal
- Washington State tries to restrict suction gold dredging
The Bawl Mill • Over the Divide • Our Readers Say • Desert Phone Trashed • ICMJ Elected Prospecting Magazine of 1999 • Advertising Manager Leaving ICMJ • Guest Editorial—California "Special" Dredge Permits in Jeopardy • The Search Continues • Guest Editorial: U.S. Government—Like Nobody's Business • Circulation and Collections Manager Leaving ICMJ • House Chair Requests Records on Forest Decision • BLM Wants to Withdraw South Pass Public Land • Silverton Preserving Lofty Symbol of Mining Era • Hijackers Make Off With 660 Pounds of Gold • Prospecting With a Magnetometer • 1999 Tables of Content • Lighting the Way Underground 1860-1940s • Millie's Tailings • Picks & Pans: Crevicing & Sniping for Placer Gold • Looking Back • Gold in Sonora • Forest Service Boss Quits in Bull Trout Flap • Melman on Gold & Silver • European Gold Miners Seek Clarification Letter • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices • Squeezing Diamond Into Graphite