Significant Progress for California Suction Gold Dredgers
January 2015 by Ron KliewerIt was a milestone day in the battle to maintain the rights of miners to dredge on federal mining claims in California.
Even if the California Supreme Court had ruled in favor of Rinehart, suction dredge miners would be facing the wrath of the State Water Resources Control Board...
• Positive bill passes House
• Anti-mining bill dies in Washington State
Rather than using the practice of government seizure of private property to promote economic development, the county is using it to preserve open space.
It's a proven civil remedy to put an end to harassment by notifying a person who is either overstepping their authority, or failing to act as required, that they will be sued personally for an act or omission.
• Pacific Legal Foundation joins effort to overturn California dredging moratorium
• PLP fund drive continues
• Idaho continues toward elimination of EPA suction dredging regulations
• EPA makes preemptive strike against Alaska mine
• Proposed Mines Act permit fees
The Bawl Mill • Ask the Experts • Ask the Experts • Ask the Experts • Ask the Experts • Return to Chicken, Alaska • The Pothole Patch • All About Pyrite • Diamond Prospecting in Indiana • Why Did This Silver Mine Close? -Conclusion • The Ely Copper-Gold District of Nevada • Melman on Gold & Silver • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices