Legislative and Regulatory Update
June 2016 by Scott Harn
• Bill to address Forest Service Travel Management restrictions
• Suction gold dredging challenge finally under way
• EPA nullification bill fails in Idaho
• Another bad bill
Keep in mind there are specific steps that must be taken to get your traditional mining district organized if it has fallen into disarray.
First, the US Forest Service does not have any authority to enforce or administer any “claim jumping” laws, period.
• Obama’s parting shots
• California suction dredging
• Oregon follows California’s lead
• Lawsuit coming; bill introduced to stop mining in Washington State
• President Trump halts new federal regulations
Q: The nearest access to the claim is a half mile walk, which is tough for a lode claim.
"As elected leaders of the State of Alaska, we want you to know that Alaska is open to investment from those who seek to develop our state's natural resources safely and responsibly..."
The Bawl Mill • Ask The Experts • The Heavy Minerals in Your Concentrates • MMAC & PLP Update • Pocket Gold • Critical Metals: Antimony • Care and Lubrication of a Model 13 Laboratory Wilfley Table • Melman on Gold & Silver • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices