Legislative and Regulatory Update
June 2016 by Scott Harn
Exploring Environmental Regulations and the Expansion of the EPA
• New California suction gold dredging regulations released—and they are just as bad as we predicted
• Dredgers file US Supreme Court response in Oregon case
• Washington State pushes same suction gold dredging narrative
• Pentagon reverses decision on rare earth projects
Keep in mind there are specific steps that must be taken to get your traditional mining district organized if it has fallen into disarray.
We will be bringing the first of several bills that were requested by Congress during a previous MMAC trip and presenting maps depicting all the MMAC-assisted Mining Districts.
The 100-yard restriction in SB838 actually applies to all motorized mining for the purpose of extracting gold, silver or any other precious metal that results in the disturbance of vegetation.
• Pendley nomination withdrawn but will remain BLM director for now
• Comments needed for Midas Gold project in Idaho
• Comment deadlines approaching for frog listings and habitat
• EPA seeks more control
• Comments due in Washington
• California dredging moratorium
• PLF sues to delist polar bear
The Bawl Mill • Ask The Experts • The Heavy Minerals in Your Concentrates • MMAC & PLP Update • Pocket Gold • Critical Metals: Antimony • Care and Lubrication of a Model 13 Laboratory Wilfley Table • Melman on Gold & Silver • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices