Vindication for Montana Veteran Joe Robertson
August 2019 by Scott Harn
Under the previous administration, the EPA declared the ditch was a federally-protected waterway, and Robertson needed a federal permit under the Clean Water Act.
On October 19, 2015, the Waldo and Galice Mining Districts (of SW Oregon), along with several Oregon mining organizations and individuals, filed a Complaint in the United States District Court in Medford…
The settlement did not grant an immediate approval for the project, but it did begin to clear the way for the company to apply for federal permits—a path the Obama administration previously had thwarted.
• National Strategic and Critical Minerals Production Act
• CA suction dredging update
• Appropriations Bill addresses problems at EPA
• Bad science, worse policy
• Comment deadlines approaching for frog listings and habitat
• EPA seeks more control
• Comments due in Washington
• California dredging moratorium
• PLF sues to delist polar bear
• IBLA rules against miner for "late" filing
• Wyoming appeals roadless decision
• Mercury reduction program slated for California
• Oregon wilderness
• Oregon miner prevails in lawsuit against Forest Service and District Ranger
• Canada pulls out of Kyoto Climate Treaty
On Tuesday morning, August 26, 2010, my clients Michael and Linda Backlund were forced to plead guilty to a charge of violating 36 CFR §261.10(b), which criminalizes maintaining a residence on Forest Service land without authorization “when such authorization is required.” This is a new regulation pursuant to which virtually anything, even a tent, is an unlawful “residence” unless authorized in advance.
Suction dredging court cases in California linger on
The Bawl Mill • Our Readers Say • Ask The Experts - What is a 'wissbanger'? • Legislative and Regulatory Update • Papa's Got A Brand New Dredge! • Selecting A Low-Risk Region To Explore, Mine or Invest • Resurrecting An Old Hard Rock Mine--The Saga Continues • Research Tools for The Modern Prospector • Silver Peak, Nevada: A Little of Everything • Green Returns And Opportunity Is Almost Gone • Vehicles Equal Moving Deductions for Mining Operations • Melman on Gold & Silver • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices