Vindication for Montana Veteran Joe Robertson
August 2019 by Scott Harn
Under the previous administration, the EPA declared the ditch was a federally-protected waterway, and Robertson needed a federal permit under the Clean Water Act.
Unfortunately, mining is politically unpopular and support of the mining industry, no matter how many jobs it brings to a state, even in times of difficult financial need, is never popular among politicians of any stripe.
- DOI to address threatened species
- 141 Confirmations still pending
- California withdrawals canceled
• Biden’s incoming administration has green agenda
• Habitat definition finalized
The law is on our side, but we’ve seen some crazy rulings coming out of courtrooms lately. I believe Rinehart will win his case, but then we move on to the State Water Resources Control Board.
• Trump cabinet forming
• Last minute regulations
• California suction dredging
• Comment period extended for frog habitat
• Tennessee permits for gold prospecting
• California dredging injunction and restraining order hearing
The Bawl Mill • Our Readers Say • Ask The Experts - What is a 'wissbanger'? • Legislative and Regulatory Update • Papa's Got A Brand New Dredge! • Selecting A Low-Risk Region To Explore, Mine or Invest • Resurrecting An Old Hard Rock Mine--The Saga Continues • Research Tools for The Modern Prospector • Silver Peak, Nevada: A Little of Everything • Green Returns And Opportunity Is Almost Gone • Vehicles Equal Moving Deductions for Mining Operations • Melman on Gold & Silver • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices