Legislative and Regulatory Update
August 2019 by Scott Harn
- Key appointment at BLM
- Current administration not waiting for Congress
- BLM relocating
- Kansas exempts bullion from sales tax
We can either surrender or draw a line in the sand and fight to hold the remaining mining rights we still have.
Gold and jade are actually only minor mineral resources for the Northwestern Alaska region as a whole. Modern prospecting has focused more on base metal than precious metal resources.
An Assembly panel approved a measure to repeal the constitutional tax cap on net proceeds paid by mining companies in Nevada.
• It's almost November
• Two federal land managers found guilty of contempt
• A chance to halt additional wilderness in Southern California
• Oregon mineral withdrawal
• A really good reason to get out and vote in Oregon
For now, MSHA is just collecting information. However, the information it collects will shape what comes next.
• Trump cabinet forming
• Last minute regulations
• California suction dredging
• State attorneys claim the Court of Appeals wrongly relied on South Dakota Mining Association v. Lawrence County regarding federal preemption...
The Bawl Mill • Our Readers Say • Ask The Experts - What is a 'wissbanger'? • Papa's Got A Brand New Dredge! • Selecting A Low-Risk Region To Explore, Mine or Invest • Resurrecting An Old Hard Rock Mine--The Saga Continues • Research Tools for The Modern Prospector • Silver Peak, Nevada: A Little of Everything • Vindication for Montana Veteran Joe Robertson • Green Returns And Opportunity Is Almost Gone • Vehicles Equal Moving Deductions for Mining Operations • Melman on Gold & Silver • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices