Ask the Experts
June 2014 by Chris Ralph• Reopening closed areas
• It's almost November
• Two federal land managers found guilty of contempt
• A chance to halt additional wilderness in Southern California
• Oregon mineral withdrawal
• A really good reason to get out and vote in Oregon
Q: The nearest access to the claim is a half mile walk, which is tough for a lode claim.
We have been playing defense for 100% of the game, and now we are finally playing some offense.
The verbage is SB 838 is vague and ambiguous to say the least. As a result, there is quite a bit of misinformation floating around the rumor mills.
• New California suction gold dredging regulations released—and they are just as bad as we predicted
• Dredgers file US Supreme Court response in Oregon case
• Washington State pushes same suction gold dredging narrative
• Pentagon reverses decision on rare earth projects
If you do not have the time to read the entire document, I would suggest starting with the Executive Summary that begins on page 80.
- Key appointment at BLM
- Current administration not waiting for Congress
- BLM relocating
- Kansas exempts bullion from sales tax
The Bawl Mill • Ask the Experts • Ask the Experts • Ask the Experts • Ask the Experts • Ask the Experts • Finding Gold with a VLF Detector—Part III • Silver and Base Metal Deposits of the Pioche District • California Dredgers: A Step Closer to Getting Back in the Water • Arizona's Youngest...and Oldest Prospector • Exploring Placers with Auger Drills • Melman on Gold & Silver • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices • Correction • Crushing Quartz in Calaveras County: A Placer Miner Learns New Tricks