April 2012 by Chris RalphWe all know that it was never Congress’ intent to regulate gold panners and other individual mine operators through MSHA. In fact, I believe the concept of owner-operated mines with no employees was so strange a concept to the lawmakers that they never even thought there would be a need for such an exemption.
- Reminder: Annual claim fees due September 1, 2017
- Update on California suction gold dredging
Like all federal judges, he swore an oath to perform his duties “impartially… under the Constitution and laws of the U.S.” Nothing in those documents gives Judge Morris authority to order the BLM to work with non-government organizations (the same ones that filed the lawsuit in question) to alter America’s use of energy.
• Some positives in spending bill
• Judge puts brakes on the EPA in Alaska
• Judge to rule in favor of suction gold dredgers
• Refunds coming to Nevada claimholders
• More wilderness proposed
• Forest Service planning rule
Because September 1 falls on a Sunday this year; and Monday, September 2, is a holiday, the BLM will accept yearly filings through September 3.
- Massive 660-page lands bill passed in the Senate
- PLF files petition with US Supreme Court on behalf of Oregon miners
- Land and Water Conservation Fund abuse by Forest Service
- Army asks for REE proposals
The Bawl Mill • Ask the Experts • Ask the Experts • Prospecting Homonyms • Revisiting an Old Mine in Idaho Reaps Rewards • Following Clues to a Lost Gold Deposit—The Northern Extension of the Cedarberg • Bering Sea Gold—Part I • Safety With a Tax Deduction • Who Says You Have to Own a Claim to Find Gold? • US Policies Holding Back Arizona • Judge Gives OK to Nevada Mining Tax Initiative • Melman on Gold & Silver • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices