Judge Gives OK to Nevada Mining Tax Initiative
April 2012 by Sandra CherebA proposed constitutional amendment to raise the cap on mining taxes can proceed as written, a state judge ruled March 14.
• US Supreme Court may consider requirements for Notitce of Intent
• Oregon considering mining restrictions
• Latest developments in California suction dredging moratorium
• Spotted owl habitat
- Some mining claim fees increase
- Oregon miners file appeal
- US Fish & Wildlife law enforcement policing powers restrained
…I’ll be heading back to Washington, DC, on June 4 with Clark Pearson of PLP for nearly a week of meetings with the Mine Safety and Health Administration, US Forest Service, Environmental Protection Agency, and numerous members of Congress in both the House and Senate.
…what I’d like to focus on in this update is the assistance they provided to a suction gold dredger in Idaho being harassed by an environmental group.
• Judge refuses to grant preliminary injuction to end suction gold dredging moratorium in California
• Proposed listing of Yellow-legged frog and Yosemite Toad in northern California
It was a milestone day in the battle to maintain the rights of miners to dredge on federal mining claims in California.
The Bawl Mill • Ask the Experts • Ask the Experts • Prospecting Homonyms • Revisiting an Old Mine in Idaho Reaps Rewards • Today's MSHA • Following Clues to a Lost Gold Deposit—The Northern Extension of the Cedarberg • Bering Sea Gold—Part I • Safety With a Tax Deduction • Who Says You Have to Own a Claim to Find Gold? • US Policies Holding Back Arizona • Melman on Gold & Silver • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices