Oregon Dredge Permit Litigation Update
October 2011 by Tom KitcharIn other words, just like those that move next to an airport and then complain about the noise, Mr. Riskedahl deliberately went out of his way to “witness and document the effects of suction dredge mining,” and when he found some, he was annoyed by it!
• Congress deals with other priorities
• Alaska miners get relief on state lands
…what I’d like to focus on in this update is the assistance they provided to a suction gold dredger in Idaho being harassed by an environmental group.
• Forest Service proposes next step in Agenda 21
• 9th Circuit deals blow to small miners
• "Recreational" mining bills in Washington State
• Three more national monuments
The approval, which affects 87 acres on the south end of Silver City, allows the company to move forward with exploration to determine the area's mining potential.
It was a milestone day in the battle to maintain the rights of miners to dredge on federal mining claims in California.
• Change is coming at Interior
• Interior Department seeking public comment regarding minerals
The Bawl Mill • Legislative And Regulatory Update • Ask The Experts—Separating platinum from sands using bubbles • Ask The Experts—Extraction of micro gold from black sands • Ask The Experts—Difference between a Geiger counter and scintillator • Then and Now: Is Gold Really Money? • Gold, Quartz & Chalcedony—Part I • Prospecting Australia—Part I • Gold From Black Sand Tailings • The Fine Art of Panning Heavy Sands • California State Gold Panning Championships • The Golden Days of Julian, California • An Expensive Lesson • Judge Denies Request To Delay Michigan Mine • Melman on Gold & Silver