Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices
November 2004 by Staff
The bright green rocks jutting through the prairie soil were hard to miss, but Tom Charlton still couldn’t believe his eyes. It was kimberlite, the molten rock in which diamonds are found, and preliminary tests had yielded a microscopic diamond.
• Caught on camera...
• Taxpayers can’t go “cold turkey”
• Hurricane FEMA wipes out 1,800 homes
• How do I get mining claims appraised?
In March 2004, Vulcan, a mine exploring robot from the Discovery Miner Program, was shipped to the Vulture City region to investigate the conditions of an abandoned hard rock mine. The shaft was typical of the dangerous mines that are...
• The dirty truth about clean energy
• By the numbers
• Forest Service Oversteps Authority, Former Official Says
• Glamis Gold Ltd. Files Suit to Vacate Solicitor's Opinion
• Babbitt Targets White Vulcan Mine and San Francisco Peaks in Arizona
• Bush puts Roadless Initiative on hold
• SWANCC v. US Army Corps of Engineers
• New Arizona monument added to lawsuit
• Clinton's mining moratorium in Siskiyou may not last
• County illegally used mining claims in land swap
• Montana Governor asks new interior secretary to turn over mineral rights
• Republican Representative from Nevada elevated to vice chairman on mining
The Bawl Mill • Editorial: Montana's Controversial Rock Creek Mine • First Load of Concentrate Leaves Reopened Ruth Mine • Uranium Industry Enjoys Rebound as Prices Nearly Triple • BLM Warning About Purchase of Mining Claims on the Internet • Determining the Amount of Gold in a Quartz Specimen • Placer PGMs in Coon Creek, California • Getting Your Float Circuit Layout Right • Pick Up Austria's New Coin—If You Can Lift It • New Prospecting Guides Available Online • Police Extend Detention of Newmont Executives • Picks & Pans—Drywashing and Detecting in Southern California • Over The Divide—Merwin (Merv) H. Hemp • The Boludo Placers, Sonora • The Golden Highway—Placer County • Northwest Miners Rally a Success • Mine Threat Just a Stunt to Criticize Land Laws • MINExpo 2004 Convention Report • Looking Back • Melman on Gold & Silver