Michigan Approves Nickel, Copper Mine
February 2010 by Associated PressRegulators gave final approval to a nickel and copper mine for the Upper Peninsula.
• Bill to address Forest Service Travel Management restrictions
• Suction gold dredging challenge finally under way
• EPA nullification bill fails in Idaho
• Another bad bill
The Nevada Historical Society's "This Was Nevada" Series
• Alabama Governor says they can't afford the Affordable Care Act
• To secede or not to secede?—That is the petition...
• By the numbers...
By the end of the day Sunday there were a lot of tired panners! By then they could have panned more than 14 times to make it to the end. This was not a picnic!
Q: I believe I have found a deposit that contains iridium. What can you tell me about iridium? Are there any tests I can do in the field to confirm it is iridium? How much is iridium worth? Where can I get it assayed? Can I refine it myself?
• Credit card abuse is sky high...
• Expensive new bill
• Senators reward themselves with another raise
The Bawl Mill • Legislative and Regulatory Update • Mining Reform and Congress • Placer Mining in Canada's Yukon Territory • California's Rich Pocket Mines • The Significance of Boulders in Placer Deposits • Oregon Suction Gold Dredgers Score Big Win • Desert Drywashing • The History of Gold Mining in Sierra County • Mining Stock Quotes & Mineral and Metal Prices
Melman on Gold & Silver