February 2010 by R.E. DivineI thought I’d try something totally different—a large area of small material tailings. After about an hour of digging and test panning we both had more gold than all the other digs combined.
Every year prospectors and rock hounds search Wyoming for gold, gemstones and other attractive rocks and minerals; the Wyoming State Geological Survey (WSGS) has now made this hunt easier.
• National "Perk" Service
• Can't see the forest through the trees
• Outsourcing the sauce
• I'll be there in "spirit"
• Hearing date moved up for preliminary injunction for California suction dredging
• Anti-mining bills in Oregon lead to recall effort
• EPA declares carbon dioxide a threat to environment
• Suction dredging update for California
• California Fish & Game director resigns
• More Merced River restrictions
Bonding regulation changes went into effect in December 2001, requiring many small miners who had been operating under a Notice of Intent to obtain bonding for their operations.
...miners, prospectors and mining related businesses are discovering that capital investments in equipment, machinery and other business assets are more affordable today than ever before.
Over fifty pieces of dendritic gold, ranging from 1 gram up to 2.5 ounces, were recently discovered at a mine in the Allegheny Mining District in Northern California.
The Bawl Mill • Legislative and Regulatory Update • Mining Reform and Congress • Placer Mining in Canada's Yukon Territory • California's Rich Pocket Mines • The Significance of Boulders in Placer Deposits • Oregon Suction Gold Dredgers Score Big Win • Michigan Approves Nickel, Copper Mine • The History of Gold Mining in Sierra County • Mining Stock Quotes & Mineral and Metal Prices
Melman on Gold & Silver