More Treasure From Sunken Ship
September 2000 by Associated PressGold chains, silver coins and bars of solid gold glittered in the tropical sun as the family of famed treasure hunter Mel Fisher showed off another significant find from a sunken Spanish galleon.
• The ESA used, and apparently abused, in Arizona and New Mexico
• In a somewhat related story...
• Among the numerous bills that died when Congress adjourned...
• More on the ESA
• Miners must present proof of filing, says IBLA
• Federal government backs mining project
• Appeals Court says Clinton roadless rule can stay
• "No small mining operation can afford this..."
• "The small arrastra still lives... "
• "...an effective defense against Green political efforts to lock the public off public lands."
It’s a gold rush in the Amazon jungle, driven by the Internet.
For approximately 30 years, the mines produced good ore, some so rich it was simply sent straight to bagging, bypassing milling and loaded directly on the rail cars.
• Pacific Legal Foundation files suit to de-list Klamath salmon
• Draft EIS on Suction Dredging in the Siskiyou National Forest
• More Siskiyou National Forest news
• District Court rules in favor of Nicolet Minerals
• State Supreme Court backs mining company
I believe this is a powder-keg waiting to explode down the road—with potentially devastating effects on society—but positive implications for gold and silver.
• It’s time for a change
• No such thing as a free lunch
• Cold weather interrupts global warming expedition
The Bawl Mill • Over the Divide • A Word from the Editor • Guest Editorial—Globalizing Mining in America, Part II • Gold Point, Nevada—A One-Man Mining Town Restoration • Rare Coin Makes a Mint at Auction • Letter to the Editor • Jackson Hole Gold, Wyoming • Picks & Pans: Big River Dredging in Northern California • Fake Assays & Assayers • Turning Acid Mine Drainage Into Drinking Water?—Grass Valley Company May Have the Answer • Everything You Need to Know About Gold Wheels • Exceptional Gold Dredging in New Zealand • Lightning Creek, British Columbia • Mine Reopening Could Revive Region • Willow Creek Dredging Trip • Melman on Gold & Silver • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices