Melman on Gold & Silver
April 2005 by Leonard MelmanThe entire petroleum complex has once again taken center stage in the world’s financial markets as prices for crude surged to near all-time highs at $55 per barrel and associated products such as heating oil and unleaded gasoline (see chart analysis below) soared through previous peaks. What made these new rallies so remarkable...
Replacing cloth on a drywasher
One hundred eighty-one gold panners flocked into the old mining town of Foresthill on Memorial Day weekend, all with the objective of proving just how good they were. This was the Wild West all over again, and the shootout at OK Corral was nothing compared to the smoke and fire these contestants put up to determine who was the best of the best—and the best were there to compete, too.
If you do not have the time to read the entire document, I would suggest starting with the Executive Summary that begins on page 80.
• Rock Creek mine approved again: environmentalists file another lawsuit
• Great Basin Mine Watch losing appeal
• Roadless Rule declared illegal again by Federal Court
• Off-highway vehicle restrictions in North and South Dakota and Montana
• Comments needed for new off-road emission and fuel standards
• California administration moves to block mining; governor faces recall
• A few pending bills...
• Karuk Tribe at it again
• Republicans drop mining provision from budget bill
• Idaho miners agree to stricter bonding requirements
• Comments needed for Oregon turbidity review
Bottom line for you fellow miners: file your claims now in these areas or risk being forever locked out!
I admit I was sitting on pins and needles, waiting to see if President Trump would sign the proposed Executive Order we presented with Public Lands for the People (PLP) prior to the expiration of his term in office.
The Bawl Mill • Our Readers Say • Progress Report on Washington State Small-Scale Regulations • Pediments • Bill to Allow Mining of Coeur d'Alene Basin • Dredging Below the Homestake • Looking Back • Picks & Pans: The Glory Hole • Enthusiastic Crowds at PDAC • Fraser Institute Survey Results Rank Best (and Worst) Mining Locales • Synclinal Oil • Small-Scale Prospecting & Mining (A Little History) • Higher Zinc Price Creates Opportunity • Government Appeals Miner Injury Case to Supreme Court • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices