Higher Zinc Price Creates Opportunity
April 2005 by Scott HarnZinc is brittle and crystalline at ordinary temperatures, but when heated to between 110°C and 150°C it becomes ductile and malleable; it can then be rolled into sheets. The bluish-white metal is used principally for galvanizing iron, but also...
The case of Howe vs. Bank of International Settlements et al.—I like to call it Howe vs. All the Money in the World—was roughed up a little but survived its first day of hearing in federal court in Boston.
In some areas these channels were thousands of feet wide, and just figuring out where you are in some of these diggings is a challenge.
• South Korean ad campaigns make men blush
• A revolting development
• Inter-department letter, Forest Supervisor to Regional Forester seeks assistance in segregating a significant area of the San Bernardino National Forest from mineral entry.
• Conservation and Reinvestment Act (CARA) stopped in Senate Energy and Natural Resources Committee
• Forest Service meetings on Roadless Initiative have ended and the comment period closed December 20, but we have been advised that the public will have another opportunity for input.
• On November 8, the BLM held a hearing in Placerville, California, regarding withdrawal of 3,368.85 acres of public land along the South Fork of the American River.
The miner was drywashing using a small, gas-powered drywasher for a short period of time—maybe an hour—when he was asked by a ranger to see his permit, which is not required to prospect at this small of a scale.
In the summer of 1854, John Selkirk, a discouraged placer miner who was down on his luck and ready to go back to Massachusetts, tied his mule up in a gulch north of what is now downtown Angel's Camp.
The Bawl Mill • Our Readers Say • Progress Report on Washington State Small-Scale Regulations • Pediments • Bill to Allow Mining of Coeur d'Alene Basin • Dredging Below the Homestake • Looking Back • Picks & Pans: The Glory Hole • Enthusiastic Crowds at PDAC • Fraser Institute Survey Results Rank Best (and Worst) Mining Locales • Synclinal Oil • Small-Scale Prospecting & Mining (A Little History) • Government Appeals Miner Injury Case to Supreme Court • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices • Melman on Gold & Silver