February 2005 by Scott HarnExcerpts from California Mining Journal, our original title, published 50 years ago this month.
Strange things do indeed occur. Here we were in western Nevada’s Walker Lake District, normally one of the driest areas for mining operations in America, and we couldn’t access a sizeable portion of Gryphon Gold’s project areas due to...
The first actual discovery of gold made on the lands of what is now the State of Georgia is shrouded in the mist of history.
Alaska is in the midst of assessing its rare-earth resources, an effort pushed by Governor Sean Parnell, who sees them as another example of where the US is reliant on foreign sources to meet its needs.
• Inter-department letter, Forest Supervisor to Regional Forester seeks assistance in segregating a significant area of the San Bernardino National Forest from mineral entry.
• Conservation and Reinvestment Act (CARA) stopped in Senate Energy and Natural Resources Committee
• Forest Service meetings on Roadless Initiative have ended and the comment period closed December 20, but we have been advised that the public will have another opportunity for input.
• On November 8, the BLM held a hearing in Placerville, California, regarding withdrawal of 3,368.85 acres of public land along the South Fork of the American River.
• Can you hear me now?
• IRS = Irresponsible, Renegade Scoundrels
• The $293 million dollar nap
The Bawl Mill • Shortage of Mining Engineers Projected • Ex-MarketWatch Mining Promoter Settles Charges • Carbonatites • Sage-Grouse Listing Denied • The Art of Finding Coarse Gold—Part III • Tongass Approves Kensington Mine Plan • PLP Interim Rule Raffle • California Miners Locate Rich Pocket of Specimen Gold • The Lucky Shot Mine • BC Premier Heralds "Golden Decade" in Forestry and Mining • Drywashing for Eluvial Gold in the Desert—Using a Portable Drywasher and Hand Tools • Claim Filings Up in the Northwest • Canadian Officials Foresee Little Impact From Mine • Coeur d'Alene Mines Sees Future in Bolivia • The Golden Highway—Nevada County • Melman on Gold & Silver • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices