February 2005 by Edgar B. Heylmun, PhDCarbonatites are rocks that formed from molten calcite or dolomite. The thought of calcite being molten lava is difficult to accept, but it was confirmed when it poured out of a vent in Tanzania in 1960.
The Bradshaw Mountains, southeast of the old territorial capital city of Prescott, contain traces of many old mines and the railroads that were built to serve them.
• Inter-department letter, Forest Supervisor to Regional Forester seeks assistance in segregating a significant area of the San Bernardino National Forest from mineral entry.
• Conservation and Reinvestment Act (CARA) stopped in Senate Energy and Natural Resources Committee
• Forest Service meetings on Roadless Initiative have ended and the comment period closed December 20, but we have been advised that the public will have another opportunity for input.
• On November 8, the BLM held a hearing in Placerville, California, regarding withdrawal of 3,368.85 acres of public land along the South Fork of the American River.
A couple of months ago, folks on the US and Aussie online gold forums started noticing that GP4500 detectors (Minelab’s top of the line gold unit) were selling used for prices significantly more than they cost new!
• Azco Mining Inc.
• Hecla Mining Co.
• Canyon Resources Corp.
• Royal Oak Mines
• BHP World Minerals
• Pacific North West Capital
Since 2005, a group representing a handful of Oregon and Washington mining organizations, centered around the Eastern Oregon Mining Association (EOMA) and the Waldo Mining District (WMD), have been actively fighting the Oregon Department of Environmental Quality (DEQ) over their then new “700PM Suction Dredge Mining Permit.”
Howdy, fellow nuggetshooters! My name is Lunk, formerly known as Crummy, a professional nuggetshooter with a few tips for you weekenders who are thinking about going pro.
...the government has acknowledged in court that it can't provide some account holders...with basic information about their money.
The Bawl Mill • Shortage of Mining Engineers Projected • Ex-MarketWatch Mining Promoter Settles Charges • Sage-Grouse Listing Denied • The Art of Finding Coarse Gold—Part III • Tongass Approves Kensington Mine Plan • PLP Interim Rule Raffle • California Miners Locate Rich Pocket of Specimen Gold • The Lucky Shot Mine • BC Premier Heralds "Golden Decade" in Forestry and Mining • Drywashing for Eluvial Gold in the Desert—Using a Portable Drywasher and Hand Tools • Claim Filings Up in the Northwest • Canadian Officials Foresee Little Impact From Mine • Coeur d'Alene Mines Sees Future in Bolivia • The Golden Highway—Nevada County • Melman on Gold & Silver • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices • Looking Back