Sage-Grouse Listing Denied
February 2005 by Scott HarnThe federal government decided not to add the greater sage-grouse to the list of endangered species. A listing would certainly have resulted in countless new restrictions across the Western states.
• Look for less federal government land acquisitions in the new budget
• Valley fill ruling overturned
• Two species rejected for listing under ESA
• New Mexico and Montana consider legislation to encourage mining
• Mining, lumber groups seek to eliminate funds for university program
• Backfilling required for new mines in California
• Nevada Congressman named vice chairman of Resources
• Idaho gets deadline extended for bull trout comments
• Murkowski Calls for Resource Assessment on State and Federal Lands
• Comments needed regarding proposal to lock up huge tracts of public land in California
The fine art of panning heavy sands requires a measure of patience. If you enjoy panning gold, you ought to enjoy this too, once you get the hang of it.
Gold and silver in Pennsylvania
I was invited to attend a meeting on April 7 in Sierra City, between Forest Service officials and a group of concerned area miners regarding what the miners described as abuses by the BLM and local Forest Service officials.
Maguire and the traders and companies they represent were all aware of the price manipulation and were all profiting from it, but it became such a regular occurrence that his conscience told him it was time to put a stop to it. That’s when he contacted the CFTC.
• Flying the friendly skies...
• The best job is a government job...
• A change of address...
• The tires that bind...
It has been claimed that the introduction of excess air to the assay furnace during sample fusion can materially increase the gold yield. Testimony by expert witnesses for the defense in recent federal hearings dealing with the dependability of the gold fire assay includes data purported to show this.
The Bawl Mill • Shortage of Mining Engineers Projected • Ex-MarketWatch Mining Promoter Settles Charges • Carbonatites • The Art of Finding Coarse Gold—Part III • Tongass Approves Kensington Mine Plan • PLP Interim Rule Raffle • California Miners Locate Rich Pocket of Specimen Gold • The Lucky Shot Mine • BC Premier Heralds "Golden Decade" in Forestry and Mining • Drywashing for Eluvial Gold in the Desert—Using a Portable Drywasher and Hand Tools • Claim Filings Up in the Northwest • Canadian Officials Foresee Little Impact From Mine • Coeur d'Alene Mines Sees Future in Bolivia • The Golden Highway—Nevada County • Melman on Gold & Silver • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices • Looking Back