Legislative and Regulatory Update
December 2020 by Scott Harn
• Nevada miners get reprieve
• Georgia Senate race may set the stage for mining regulations
• New Executive Order on critical minerals
• Interior Department makes adjustments to LWCF
• It's almost November
• Two federal land managers found guilty of contempt
• A chance to halt additional wilderness in Southern California
• Oregon mineral withdrawal
• A really good reason to get out and vote in Oregon
Gold in Minnesota?
• US Supreme Court declines to hear dredging controversy
• Why Senate Bill S3422 is bad for America
• Comment deadline extended for new California dredging regulations
• No Adventure Pass needed
• Supreme Court of Canada rules on aboriginal title claims
• No agreement reached in suction gold dredge permitting case
The Colorado Mining Association is asking the US Supreme Court to review a 2001 rule that largely barred new roads on 58 million acres of roadless areas in national forests.
Even if the California Supreme Court had ruled in favor of Rinehart, suction dredge miners would be facing the wrath of the State Water Resources Control Board...
Landowners complained that mineral mining on or near their property could damage property values while leaving them without a cut of potential profits.
The Bawl Mill • Ask The Experts - Is this prospect worth sampling? • Ask The Experts - Can you recommend resources for southeast Alaska? • Ask The Experts - Can I pay someone to research a claim for me? • Ask The Experts - Do larger detector coils see deeper nuggets? • Reading A River: Understanding Erosion and Gold • The Basics of Permitting and Bonding Your Mining Operation • Plotting and Persistence Lead to Big Gold • Using Countercurrent Material Flow to Improve Gold Recovery Efficiency • Gold Prospecting for Better or Worse: The First Year Is The Hardest • Mining In The El Paso Range of Southern California • Tips and Tricks: A Dredging Tip for Clearing the Tailings Pile • The Kern River • Melman on Gold & Silver • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices