Fighting and Winning Without a Lawyer
August 2013 by Steve HicksThis article may not be as interesting as someone describing a big nugget find in Australia...but right now the biggest obstacle to mining is our government.
• Oregon passes SB 838
• Meanwhile, in California
Gold and jade are actually only minor mineral resources for the Northwestern Alaska region as a whole. Modern prospecting has focused more on base metal than precious metal resources.
• Idaho miners will challenge new EPA permit at rally
• California proposes to amend definition of a suction dredge
• Proposed rule redefines "navigable waters"
• Comment deadlines approaching for frog listings and habitat
• EPA seeks more control
• Comments due in Washington
• California dredging moratorium
• PLF sues to delist polar bear
Please note that new mining claims filed on or after September 1, 2019, will be subject to the new fee schedule.
• More roadblocks to dredging in California
• Two Oregon Sheriffs challenge Forest Service authority
• Gold is money
- DOI to address threatened species
- 141 Confirmations still pending
- California withdrawals canceled
The Bawl Mill • Ask the Experts • Ask the Experts • Ask the Experts • Ask the Experts • Common Mistakes of the New Detectorist • The Pearce Mineralized Area, Dragoon Mountains, Arizona—Part II • Mining for Gemstones and Mineral Specimens • The Essentials of Dry Washing • Fortymile, Alaska Prospecting Adventure • Court Says Emergency Rule in California Unjustified • Sampling Placer Stockpiles • Lower Prices Bring Layoffs • Prospecting Research • Buyer Beware! Counterfeit Metal Detectors • Melman on Gold & Silver • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices • Underground in the Original 16-1 Mine