Fighting and Winning Without a Lawyer
August 2013 by Steve HicksThis article may not be as interesting as someone describing a big nugget find in Australia...but right now the biggest obstacle to mining is our government.
• National Strategic and Critical Minerals Production Act
• CA suction dredging update
• Appropriations Bill addresses problems at EPA
• Bad science, worse policy
• Oregon proposed withdrawal
• US Supreme Court may consider requirements for Notitce of Intent
• Oregon considering mining restrictions
• Latest developments in California suction dredging moratorium
• Spotted owl habitat
The Colorado Mining Association is asking the US Supreme Court to review a 2001 rule that largely barred new roads on 58 million acres of roadless areas in national forests.
• Hearing date moved up for preliminary injunction for California suction dredging
• Anti-mining bills in Oregon lead to recall effort
Bottom line for you fellow miners: file your claims now in these areas or risk being forever locked out!
The Bawl Mill • Ask the Experts • Ask the Experts • Ask the Experts • Ask the Experts • Common Mistakes of the New Detectorist • The Pearce Mineralized Area, Dragoon Mountains, Arizona—Part II • Mining for Gemstones and Mineral Specimens • The Essentials of Dry Washing • Fortymile, Alaska Prospecting Adventure • Court Says Emergency Rule in California Unjustified • Sampling Placer Stockpiles • Lower Prices Bring Layoffs • Prospecting Research • Buyer Beware! Counterfeit Metal Detectors • Melman on Gold & Silver • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices • Underground in the Original 16-1 Mine