Fighting and Winning Without a Lawyer
August 2013 by Steve HicksThis article may not be as interesting as someone describing a big nugget find in Australia...but right now the biggest obstacle to mining is our government.
…the men sought to “inject false and misleading information about the genuine supply and demand for precious metals futures contracts into the markets, and to deceive other participants”…
• IBLA rules against miner for "late" filing
• Wyoming appeals roadless decision
• Mercury reduction program slated for California
• Oregon wilderness
• Oregon miner prevails in lawsuit against Forest Service and District Ranger
• Canada pulls out of Kyoto Climate Treaty
Besides the EPA issue, our major priority is to work on the proposed amendment to the National Strategic and Critical Minerals Production Act (S 145), a bill proposed in the Senate by US Senator Dean Heller (R-Nevada).
- New Deputy Secretary of Interior
- Case against dredger allowed to proceed
- Welcome changes in Washington, DC
- Giving power back to the people
In the meantime, we will continue our multi-pronged approach to seek regulatory relief at the federal level while supporting those court cases that are built on a strong legal foundation.
The Bawl Mill • Ask the Experts • Ask the Experts • Ask the Experts • Ask the Experts • Common Mistakes of the New Detectorist • The Pearce Mineralized Area, Dragoon Mountains, Arizona—Part II • Mining for Gemstones and Mineral Specimens • The Essentials of Dry Washing • Fortymile, Alaska Prospecting Adventure • Court Says Emergency Rule in California Unjustified • Sampling Placer Stockpiles • Lower Prices Bring Layoffs • Prospecting Research • Buyer Beware! Counterfeit Metal Detectors • Melman on Gold & Silver • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices • Underground in the Original 16-1 Mine