Legislative and Regulatory Update
July 2018 by Scott Harn
• Critical minerals obtain national security status
• Idaho to take over EPA permitting
Nevada’s attorney general for the first time is joining a rural county in a 15-year-old legal battle...
• BLM claim fees rise
• Critical minerals bill
• Sage-grouse habitat
Bottom line for you fellow miners: file your claims now in these areas or risk being forever locked out!
• Bills introduced to stop federal management of greater sage grouse
• WOTUS under review
• Congressional Review Act
• California suction dredging
• House shows support for public land use
- NEPA comments due
- Update on latest US Supreme Court suction gold dredging appeal
- Washington State tries to restrict suction gold dredging
Please note that new mining claims filed on or after September 1, 2019, will be subject to the new fee schedule.
The Bawl Mill • Ask The Experts - How were those gold concentrate bricks made? • Ask The Experts - What should I know about prospecting for titanium? • Mining Pegmatite Deposits • SS Central America Gives Up Millions in Gold Rush Era Gold • Falcon Fanatic: Journey of a Novice Detectorist • Las Médulas—The Gem of the Roman Gold Mines • Critical Minerals: Titanium • Melman on Gold & Silver • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices