Legislative and Regulatory Update
July 2018 by Scott Harn
• Critical minerals obtain national security status
• Idaho to take over EPA permitting
In the meeting, we presented Ms. Skalski with the various court cases from the 9th Circuit Court on these settled law cases and she was mortified.
…what I’d like to focus on in this update is the assistance they provided to a suction gold dredger in Idaho being harassed by an environmental group.
• Pruitt out at EPA
• NDAA still under negotiation
• AMRA’s California mining bill fails to reach floor vote
- Some mining claim fees increase
- Oregon miners file appeal
- US Fish & Wildlife law enforcement policing powers restrained
If we lose, the radical environmentalists have a roadmap to replicate their success everywhere.
The Bawl Mill • Ask The Experts - How were those gold concentrate bricks made? • Ask The Experts - What should I know about prospecting for titanium? • Mining Pegmatite Deposits • SS Central America Gives Up Millions in Gold Rush Era Gold • Falcon Fanatic: Journey of a Novice Detectorist • Las Médulas—The Gem of the Roman Gold Mines • Critical Minerals: Titanium • Melman on Gold & Silver • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices