Legislative and Regulatory Update
March 2016 by Scott Harn• "Recreational" mining bills in Washington State
• Three more national monuments
Another California Assembly member, Jared Huffman, is attempting to ban dredging in the state on a more permanent basis.
During discussions with other property rights advocates and members of the current administration, Karen Budd-Falen’s name was mentioned many times as a possible director for the Bureau of Land Management (BLM).
• Battle continues in Oregon
• Stop annexation in Southern California
• EPA ignores Supreme Court ruling with new Idaho permit
• Alaska sues Feds to restore access rights
• California dredgers await next big court date
Modoc County, California, is the latest county to use emergency powers to declare a state of emergency in order to take control of roads and trails away from federal agencies.
- Administration issues proposals to fix mining access and permitting
- Online “webinar” and request for comments for proposed Forest Service NEPA revisions
They want to close our roads on public land (built by taxpayer funds) to keep us and our disabled veterans out. And it won’t stop with just mining.
• Pendley nomination withdrawn but will remain BLM director for now
• Comments needed for Midas Gold project in Idaho
The Bawl Mill • Ask The Experts • Ask The Experts • Ask The Experts • How to Stake Your Own Mining Claims—Part I • Addressing EPA Overreach: What Dredgers Need to Know • Green Valley Gold District, Payson, Arizona • Nevada's Silver City Gold District—Part I • Enrichment of Mineral Deposits by Weathering—Part I • Alaska: Kodiak Islands Mineral Resources • Melman on Gold & Silver • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices