Legislative and Regulatory Update
March 2016 by Scott Harn• "Recreational" mining bills in Washington State
• Three more national monuments
…what I’d like to focus on in this update is the assistance they provided to a suction gold dredger in Idaho being harassed by an environmental group.
• ESA changes for the better
Those miners present immediately recognized the benefits of becoming members of MMAC and joined up on the spot. I spent some time answering a few questions, and then the miners took over.
• Change is coming at Interior
• Interior Department seeking public comment regarding minerals
• Environmental groups push for more ESA listings
• Proposed grant program to recruit mining engineering students
• No Adventure Pass needed
• Supreme Court of Canada rules on aboriginal title claims
• No agreement reached in suction gold dredge permitting case
A federal judge has tossed a lawsuit filed by opponents of a Tucson-area mine that had accused the US Forest Service of violating two federal laws in its handling of the mine issue.
The Bawl Mill • Ask The Experts • Ask The Experts • Ask The Experts • How to Stake Your Own Mining Claims—Part I • Addressing EPA Overreach: What Dredgers Need to Know • Green Valley Gold District, Payson, Arizona • Nevada's Silver City Gold District—Part I • Enrichment of Mineral Deposits by Weathering—Part I • Alaska: Kodiak Islands Mineral Resources • Melman on Gold & Silver • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices