Legislative and Regulatory Update
March 2016 by Scott Harn• "Recreational" mining bills in Washington State
• Three more national monuments
• Forest Service proposes next step in Agenda 21
• 9th Circuit deals blow to small miners
In other words, just like those that move next to an airport and then complain about the noise, Mr. Riskedahl deliberately went out of his way to “witness and document the effects of suction dredge mining,” and when he found some, he was annoyed by it!
• Pacific Legal Foundation joins effort to overturn California dredging moratorium
• PLP fund drive continues
• Show of support needed for anti-EPA bills
• Arizona mining data now online
• California suction dredge hearings
• Update on Forest Service abuse in Washington
• Change is coming at Interior
• Interior Department seeking public comment regarding minerals
Alaska Governor Sean Parnell has ordered an investigation of the recent raids, saying he will not tolerate a state agency's participation in the sort of conduct displayed.
The Bawl Mill • Ask The Experts • Ask The Experts • Ask The Experts • How to Stake Your Own Mining Claims—Part I • Addressing EPA Overreach: What Dredgers Need to Know • Green Valley Gold District, Payson, Arizona • Nevada's Silver City Gold District—Part I • Enrichment of Mineral Deposits by Weathering—Part I • Alaska: Kodiak Islands Mineral Resources • Melman on Gold & Silver • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices