Nevada Mining Tax Cap Repeal Clears Committee
June 2013 by Associated PressAn Assembly panel approved a measure to repeal the constitutional tax cap on net proceeds paid by mining companies in Nevada.
• Court says ESA does not apply in some cases
• Comments needed for proposed critical habitat in several Western states
• EPA still trying to rewrite the Clean Water Act
• Enough already!
• Now is the time to act
For now, MSHA is just collecting information. However, the information it collects will shape what comes next.
State regulators imposed a record $11 million fine on the operators of a gold mine in the Sierra foothills east of Sacramento.
• California dredging update
• Favorable bills in Congress
• Lawsuits galore
• Suction dredging saga continues
• HR 1937 to streamline permitting, remove obstacles to miners
• Sage-grouse debate continues
• More National Monuments
- Some mining claim fees increase
- Oregon miners file appeal
- US Fish & Wildlife law enforcement policing powers restrained
• Salazar pushes wilderness
• California Governor signs AB 120
The Bawl Mill • Breaking Rock the Old School Way • My Lucky Month of March • Gold Rush in the Congo—Part II • A Journey Into the Silver Peak Range • Ancient River Channels of Trinity County • Which Nugget Detector Should I Get? • Liberty and the Phoenix Mine • Confluence Placers • Spanish Gold Ledge Still Producing Gold • Melman on Gold & Silver • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices