Nevada Mining Tax Cap Repeal Clears Committee
June 2013 by Associated PressAn Assembly panel approved a measure to repeal the constitutional tax cap on net proceeds paid by mining companies in Nevada.
• Pendley nomination withdrawn but will remain BLM director for now
• Comments needed for Midas Gold project in Idaho
- Some mining claim fees increase
- Oregon miners file appeal
- US Fish & Wildlife law enforcement policing powers restrained
• Reopening closed areas
• More roadblocks in southern California
• Greater Sage-grouse withdrawals
The 100-yard restriction in SB838 actually applies to all motorized mining for the purpose of extracting gold, silver or any other precious metal that results in the disturbance of vegetation.
• Some good news for a change
• New 49ers win Karuk appeal
• Another Oregon bill of concern
Met by jeers and cheers from more than 1,000 people, US Senator Diane Feinstein (D-CA) made another pitch to create three new national monuments in the deserts of southern California recently.
The Bawl Mill • Breaking Rock the Old School Way • My Lucky Month of March • Gold Rush in the Congo—Part II • A Journey Into the Silver Peak Range • Ancient River Channels of Trinity County • Which Nugget Detector Should I Get? • Liberty and the Phoenix Mine • Confluence Placers • Spanish Gold Ledge Still Producing Gold • Melman on Gold & Silver • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices