Legislative and Regulatory Update
February 2014 by Scott Harn• Not so happy birthday
• Even more support for the PLP
We now have supporters who are well known and connected in Washington, DC, and who state they will assist us in bypassing lower level staffers and getting us face-to-face meetings with Senators.
Is there any hope for a solution? Yes, there is, and we’ve been working with Public Lands for the People, the Minerals and Mining Advisory Council, attorney James Buchal and others on that solution.
• California suction dredgers had better prepare for battle
• Two million acres of proposed habitat
• Last chance for Nevada claim refunds
• California suction gold dredging update
• Critical minerals obtain national security status
• Idaho to take over EPA permitting
Please note that new mining claims filed on or after September 1, 2019, will be subject to the new fee schedule.
The Bawl Mill • Ask the Experts • Ask the Experts • Ask the Experts • Ask the Experts • Our Readers Say • The Perfect Summer • Eolian Gold Deposits • Copper Deposits of Alaska • Divide and Conquer—Detecting Old Placer Grounds with Friends • Reserves and Resources Explained • Critical Metals: Lithium • Coprolite—A Prospector's Tale • Comstock Mining Gets Approval • Melman on Gold & Silver • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices