Legislative and Regulatory Update
February 2014 by Scott Harn• Not so happy birthday
• Even more support for the PLP
A proposed constitutional amendment to raise the cap on mining taxes can proceed as written, a state judge ruled March 14.
If you do not have the time to read the entire document, I would suggest starting with the Executive Summary that begins on page 80.
• Positive bill passes House
• Anti-mining bill dies in Washington State
- Administration issues proposals to fix mining access and permitting
- Online “webinar” and request for comments for proposed Forest Service NEPA revisions
...Judge Ochoa ordered the parties to participate in mandatory settlement hearings starting June 24, 2014.
We can either surrender or draw a line in the sand and fight to hold the remaining mining rights we still have.
The Bawl Mill • Ask the Experts • Ask the Experts • Ask the Experts • Ask the Experts • Our Readers Say • The Perfect Summer • Eolian Gold Deposits • Copper Deposits of Alaska • Divide and Conquer—Detecting Old Placer Grounds with Friends • Reserves and Resources Explained • Critical Metals: Lithium • Coprolite—A Prospector's Tale • Comstock Mining Gets Approval • Melman on Gold & Silver • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices