Legislative and Regulatory Update
February 2014 by Scott Harn• Not so happy birthday
• Even more support for the PLP
• More roadblocks to dredging in California
• Two Oregon Sheriffs challenge Forest Service authority
• Gold is money
• Conformation for some
• Congress canceling regulations
After many decades of closures, land-use restrictions, and over-regulation, miners and all other public land users may finally see some real relief due to the efforts of MMAC.
• Pruitt out at EPA
• NDAA still under negotiation
• AMRA’s California mining bill fails to reach floor vote
• Salazar pushes wilderness
• California Governor signs AB 120
We spent the morning in a meeting with one of the higher-ups at the US Forest Service. I presented him with 412 complaints received from our readers, along with a summary of the complaints to make his job easier.
The Bawl Mill • Ask the Experts • Ask the Experts • Ask the Experts • Ask the Experts • Our Readers Say • The Perfect Summer • Eolian Gold Deposits • Copper Deposits of Alaska • Divide and Conquer—Detecting Old Placer Grounds with Friends • Reserves and Resources Explained • Critical Metals: Lithium • Coprolite—A Prospector's Tale • Comstock Mining Gets Approval • Melman on Gold & Silver • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices