Legislative and Regulatory Update
February 2014 by Scott Harn• Not so happy birthday
• Even more support for the PLP
- New Deputy Secretary of Interior
- Case against dredger allowed to proceed
On November 30, 2015, the Galice Mining District (with the support of the Waldo Mining District), along with several Oregon mining associations and individuals, filed a Motion for Summary Judgment against the State of Oregon and SB 838...
Q: The nearest access to the claim is a half mile walk, which is tough for a lode claim.
• No Adventure Pass needed
• Supreme Court of Canada rules on aboriginal title claims
• No agreement reached in suction gold dredge permitting case
• "Not a pollutant"
• Thank you Senator Sessions
• California suction dredging
• EPA uses secret email accounts
Oregon Senate passes Senate Bill 3
The Bawl Mill • Ask the Experts • Ask the Experts • Ask the Experts • Ask the Experts • Our Readers Say • The Perfect Summer • Eolian Gold Deposits • Copper Deposits of Alaska • Divide and Conquer—Detecting Old Placer Grounds with Friends • Reserves and Resources Explained • Critical Metals: Lithium • Coprolite—A Prospector's Tale • Comstock Mining Gets Approval • Melman on Gold & Silver • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices