Comstock Mining Gets Approval
February 2014 by Associated PressThe approval, which affects 87 acres on the south end of Silver City, allows the company to move forward with exploration to determine the area's mining potential.
• Republican bill would reopen Grand Canyon withdrawal
• Obama recommends additional fees and taxes on miners
• Idaho challenges EPA regulations
• California suction gold dredging
Companion bills set to be proposed by state lawmakers and US Rep. Betty McCollum seek to block copper mining on federal lands…
NOI or POO for small backhoe
• Bill to address Forest Service Travel Management restrictions
• Suction gold dredging challenge finally under way
• EPA nullification bill fails in Idaho
• Another bad bill
…what I’d like to focus on in this update is the assistance they provided to a suction gold dredger in Idaho being harassed by an environmental group.
The Bawl Mill • Legislative and Regulatory Update • Ask the Experts • Ask the Experts • Ask the Experts • Ask the Experts • Our Readers Say • The Perfect Summer • Eolian Gold Deposits • Copper Deposits of Alaska • Divide and Conquer—Detecting Old Placer Grounds with Friends • Reserves and Resources Explained • Critical Metals: Lithium • Coprolite—A Prospector's Tale • Melman on Gold & Silver • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices