How California Became the Golden State
August 2010 by Chris RalphOn the morning of the 19th of January, 1848, Marshall went out to examine the cut and inspect the progress that had been made overnight.
• New California suction gold dredging regulations released—and they are just as bad as we predicted
• Dredgers file US Supreme Court response in Oregon case
• Washington State pushes same suction gold dredging narrative
• Pentagon reverses decision on rare earth projects
In 1983, some of the ore yielded more than 2,500 ounces of gold within 30 feet of the surface. The shoot pinched to a narrow vein.
• Sheriff withdraws Forest Service law enforcement authority
• Some of us probably recall the saying "the fly in the ointment."...
• "You must be morons to send me this letter!"
• Worried about Y2K?—Trust in God and the FDIC...
Excerpts from California Mining Journal, our original title, published 50 years ago this month.
• Homestake Mining Company
• Newmont Mining Corporation
• Azco Mining Inc.
• Sterling Mining Co.
• Comico Ltd.
• Vista Gold
• JAB International
• Setback in California suction dredging fight
• Appeals court hears arguments on forest roads rule
• States push back on firearms
The Bawl Mill • Legislative and Regulatory Update • Commercial Placer Mining With Jigs • Ask The Experts: Bench Top Crushers • Ask The Experts: How to remove precious metals from lead? • How to Properly Ground Balance to Find the Most Gold • Authorities Search for Lost Treasure Hunters • Alaska Geologist Survives Grizzly Attack • The Guaniamo Diamond Area, Venezuela—Part II • The Rocky Bar Mining District, Idaho • Mining Stock Quotes, Mineral & Metal Prices