Mining Stock Quotes, Mineral & Metal Prices
August 2010 by Staff
Some claim they can smell gold. This may be, but when I take a whiff of gold, I smell dirt, rotten eggs, garlic or just nothing: my nose is everything but sensitive.
by Mella Rothwell Harmon
Nevada Department of Museums, Library and Arts
"This was Nevada"
• Roadless Rule back in court again
• New mining regulations considered in Europe
• PLP in court on behalf of miners
• Karuk Tribe to appeal
• NEPA rewrite drive gets boost from Katrina
• Lukewarm consensus among scientists regarding global warming
• Yet another example of why big government is NOT the answer...
• Everyone deserves a second chance...
Normally this spot is reserved for a little humor or diatribe about government abuse. In light of recent events, I don’t think it’s appropriate for this issue. Following are a few personal comments.
• Lack of privacy
• IRS employess lying about employment status and more
• Creative budgeting...
Massive area-wide forest fires left the air near Fairbanks, Alaska looking like a London fog and smelling like the residue of a fireplace late this August as I left the airport on a recent visit to Freegold Ventures Ltd.
The Bawl Mill • Legislative and Regulatory Update • Commercial Placer Mining With Jigs • Ask The Experts: Bench Top Crushers • Ask The Experts: How to remove precious metals from lead? • How to Properly Ground Balance to Find the Most Gold • Authorities Search for Lost Treasure Hunters • Alaska Geologist Survives Grizzly Attack • The Guaniamo Diamond Area, Venezuela—Part II • How California Became the Golden State • The Rocky Bar Mining District, Idaho