From the Editor
November 2001 by Scott HarnAs we all get back to “normal,” or as close to it as we can, I want to take this opportunity to thank all of our advertisers for sticking it out through the hard times.
In the high desert hills more than 60 miles west of Prescott, Bagdad’s residents chat about the Wednesday golf league, the girls softball team and the new cafeteria over at the school.
A federal investigation shows that the explosion that killed a 42-year-old worker at the Trapper Mine near Craig in August 1999 was an accident.
• US Supreme Court may consider requirements for Notitce of Intent
• Oregon considering mining restrictions
• Latest developments in California suction dredging moratorium
• Spotted owl habitat
Gold nuggets and serpentine contacts
• Big win by a California suction gold dredger
• Administration locks up another popular gold mining area
• BLM creates de facto wilderness without Congressional approval
• Great Basin Gold
• Hecla Mining Company
• Newmont Mining Corp.
• U.S. Gold Corp.
• X-Cal Resources Ltd.
• Pan American Silver Corp.
• Corner Bay Silver Inc.
The Bawl Mill • Our Readers Say • Guest Editorial—Exploiting Tragedy • Placer Gold in Utah • President Bush: Put ANWR Drilling in Energy Bill • Aussie Gold • Picks & Pans: Working the Ol' Paystreak • High Country Dredging in Kaufman Creek, Colorado • How to Become a More Successful Nugget Detectorist—And Basic Information on Machines • Altar District's Golden Lure • The Manson Mine • California State Gold Panning Championship Results • Gold in Panama • Melman on Gold & Silver • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices