November 2001 by A.R. CameronThis is the first of a series of articles outlining prospecting in Australia for the visiting small prospector or miner. Whether you are just coming out for a holiday, stopping for a few months, or moving here permanently...
One of the most frequently quoted sayings on Wall Street is that “markets love to climb a wall of worry.” We’re not so sure about the “climbing” part of it...
- Senators want you to help to pay California rent
- Someone’s got a bone to pick…
• "As-is" car includes $82,000 cash
• Keep your eyes on your saw blade
• "In lieu of flowers please vote for Bush/Cheney."
• Tampa Mayor gets the boot
• Big donors don't bother to vote
“Hey, R.B., let’s go down and see how the patio is going.” Bart, my neighbor, called to me across the fence as he strolled by, heading towards the mine superintendent’s house.
• "...just about more than I can stand."
• "I hope you can answer my number one question..."
• "...I still go out and mine a little at my old stompin' grounds in Siskiyou County..."
• "...New Prospecting Club in the Southeast."
• "...9 ounces...in two weeks."
• "...It's no secret..."
• Red tape at its finest...
• With the stroke of a pen
The Bawl Mill • Our Readers Say • From the Editor • Guest Editorial—Exploiting Tragedy • Placer Gold in Utah • President Bush: Put ANWR Drilling in Energy Bill • Picks & Pans: Working the Ol' Paystreak • High Country Dredging in Kaufman Creek, Colorado • How to Become a More Successful Nugget Detectorist—And Basic Information on Machines • Altar District's Golden Lure • The Manson Mine • California State Gold Panning Championship Results • Gold in Panama • Melman on Gold & Silver • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices