June 2002 by Staff• Pan American Silver Corp.
• NovaGold Resources, Inc.
• Canyon Resources Corp.
• Great Quest Metals, Ltd.
• X-Cal Resources
• African Metals Corp.
• Karuk Tribe at it again
• Republicans drop mining provision from budget bill
• Idaho miners agree to stricter bonding requirements
• Comments needed for Oregon turbidity review
A gold prospector in central Victoria, Australia stumbled across an 87-ounce gold nugget in early February 2015, after his wife told him to head outside to get some air. He had given up smoking a few weeks prior and was getting a bit “grumpy,” she told him.
• "As-is" car includes $82,000 cash
• Keep your eyes on your saw blade
• "In lieu of flowers please vote for Bush/Cheney."
• Tampa Mayor gets the boot
• Big donors don't bother to vote
• More roadblocks to dredging in California
• Two Oregon Sheriffs challenge Forest Service authority
• Gold is money
Perhaps the greatest single impression a visitor to the interior of Mexico is left with is the grinding poverty of the countryside. While there are pockets of apparent prosperity, most of the citizens appear to live in conditions of poor...
Q: The nearest access to the claim is a half mile walk, which is tough for a lode claim.
We have concessions high in the Occidental mountains to the west, while down near our pueblo we have begun construction of a mill to process the ore we will soon be mining. As I look around, our new shop with its adjoining wings...
The Bawl Mill • ICMJ Elected Prospecting Magazine of 2002 • Mining Investment—Or Fraud? • Gold in Suriname • Golden Age of Gold Dredges • Prospecting With Limited Equipment • Looking Back • Beryllium in Utah • Picks & Pans: The Gold of "Eldorado Canyon"—Mariposa County, California • Fire Agate in Arizona • The Canton Lead • NAS Agrees to Review Superfund Science • Tight Budgets Force Forest Service to Cut Back • Melman on Gold & Silver • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices