The Bawl Mill
June 2002 by Staff• The Canadian exchange rate defense
• Excess vehicles are "driving" taxpayers crazy
• Dead snake delays construction
Q: The nearest access to the claim is a half mile walk, which is tough for a lode claim.
Our research indicated this whole area had been claimed by Newmont mining company for several years, but when the price of gold dropped they let the claims expire, and we confirmed this with the local BLM office.
• "It's not often that I disagree with your opinions..."
• "Thank you..."
• "I've enjoyed metal detecting..."
Using a snuffer bottle to pick it out of the pan, he continued his panning efforts. He continued to find more yellowish stuff, but it wasn’t shiny like he thought gold should look.
Thom Calandra, well known for promoting mining companies and precious metals through CBSMarketWatch.com for the past several years, will pay over $540,000 to settle charges he used his investment newsletter to profit from stocks that he owned.
• Look for less federal government land acquisitions in the new budget
• Valley fill ruling overturned
• Two species rejected for listing under ESA
• New Mexico and Montana consider legislation to encourage mining
• Mining, lumber groups seek to eliminate funds for university program
• Backfilling required for new mines in California
• Nevada Congressman named vice chairman of Resources
• Idaho gets deadline extended for bull trout comments
• Murkowski Calls for Resource Assessment on State and Federal Lands
• Comments needed regarding proposal to lock up huge tracts of public land in California
ICMJ Elected Prospecting Magazine of 2002 • Mining Investment—Or Fraud? • Gold in Suriname • Golden Age of Gold Dredges • Prospecting With Limited Equipment • Looking Back • Beryllium in Utah • Company Notes • Picks & Pans: The Gold of "Eldorado Canyon"—Mariposa County, California • Fire Agate in Arizona • The Canton Lead • NAS Agrees to Review Superfund Science • Tight Budgets Force Forest Service to Cut Back • Melman on Gold & Silver • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices