Legislative And Regulatory Update
November 2011 by Scott Harn• Republican bill would reopen Grand Canyon withdrawal
• Obama recommends additional fees and taxes on miners
Logging on federal land plummeted—over 84% since the 1980s. And that management tool was replaced with—nothing.
Gold in Minnesota?
• Pacific Legal Foundation joins effort to overturn California dredging moratorium
• PLP fund drive continues
During discussions with other property rights advocates and members of the current administration, Karen Budd-Falen’s name was mentioned many times as a possible director for the Bureau of Land Management (BLM).
- Comments needed regarding proposed NEPA improvements
- Efforts underway to fix the ESA
• Hearing date moved up for preliminary injunction for California suction dredging
• Anti-mining bills in Oregon lead to recall effort
The Bawl Mill • Ask The Experts—Compensation for closed mining claim? • Ask The Experts—Inconsistent fire assays • Gold From Cemented Gravels • Evolution Of A Gold Prospect • Gold, Quartz & Chalcedony—Part II • Alaska to Target Rare-Earths • Minnesota Delays Decision on Mineral Leases • Alaska's Cripple Creek Mining District • The Gold Of Horseshoe Bend • Tyrie's Roadway Nugget • Melman on Gold & Silver