Legislative And Regulatory Update
November 2011 by Scott Harn• Republican bill would reopen Grand Canyon withdrawal
• Obama recommends additional fees and taxes on miners
• Show of support needed for anti-EPA bills
• Arizona mining data now online
• California suction dredge hearings
• Update on Forest Service abuse in Washington
• California suction dredging regulations
• Draft Coho recovery plan for Southern Oregon, Northern California
On November 30, 2015, the Galice Mining District (with the support of the Waldo Mining District), along with several Oregon mining associations and individuals, filed a Motion for Summary Judgment against the State of Oregon and SB 838...
• National Strategic and Critical Minerals Production Act
• CA suction dredging update
• Appropriations Bill addresses problems at EPA
• Bad science, worse policy
This will provide the opportunity to meet with many of the members of Congress in a more informal setting at several meetings, luncheons and dinners. And we have been offered the chance to meet with President Trump’s staff.
We definitely got their undivided attention with our presentations. As a direct result of our presentations, the Desert Advisory Council recommended a Memorandum of Understanding be put together between the council and the Rand Mining District. This MOU was recently completed.
Suction dredging court cases in California linger on
The Bawl Mill • Ask The Experts—Compensation for closed mining claim? • Ask The Experts—Inconsistent fire assays • Gold From Cemented Gravels • Evolution Of A Gold Prospect • Gold, Quartz & Chalcedony—Part II • Alaska to Target Rare-Earths • Minnesota Delays Decision on Mineral Leases • Alaska's Cripple Creek Mining District • The Gold Of Horseshoe Bend • Tyrie's Roadway Nugget • Melman on Gold & Silver