Companies Scramble to Boost Copper Production
June 2005 by Associated PressSoaring prices for copper and molybdenum are producing record profits for mining companies and new jobs in some Arizona towns.
The fine art of panning heavy sands requires a measure of patience. If you enjoy panning gold, you ought to enjoy this too, once you get the hang of it.
• IRS—Inept Resource Specialists
• A drought of common sense
• Thanks for your service, now please hold...
• Just a drop in the (coal) bucket
• Location, Location, Location...
• The "hard drive" for answers...
• This wasn't the UN makeover we were expecting
• Do you have more money than you really need?
• British tabloids "French roast" Chirac
• Reporter comes out of the closet
Q: I plan to be filing as the sole owner of the claim. How many claims can I file for and what would be the size of claim(s)?
Q: Can and should you remove their poles and notice right then and there or should you wait until you have convinced them of their trespass?
We asked several writers and professionals to recommend their favorite books or publications that they thought would benefit prospectors and miners. Each recommendation is followed by a rating of beginner, intermediate, or advanced prospector or miner, or a rating of “general” (for all levels).
The Bawl Mill • Our Readers Say • Pacific Legal Foundation Gets Significant Win • States to Govern Own Roadless Areas • Corralling Those Pesky Platinum Group Metals • Turquoise Mining—Labor Intensive, But Worthwhile • Goldville, Alabama • Mining Sisters Make History • Picks & Pans: The Perfect Paystreak • Using Rock Formations to Your Advantage • Significant Oil and Gas on Alaska's Central North Slope • Melman on Gold & Silver • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices