Pacific Legal Foundation Gets Significant Win
June 2005 by StaffIn an important victory for western property owners, the United States Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals has ruled for Pacific Legal Foundation (PLF), and Idaho rancher Verl Jones’ family, in a closely watched case that addresses the standard by which injunctions can be issued under the Endangered Species Act (ESA).
• ESA changes for the better
Stillwater Mining Company’s East Boulder platinum and palladium mine is back in operation, with its staff cut in half...
Suction dredging court cases in California linger on
In 1849, the story spreading around the Barnes Store (on the North Fork of the American near Colfax, California) was about some rich diggings being found up in the hills going east, and not very far up the ridge according to some accounts.
- Brother, can you spare a cell phone?
- Houston, we have a drug problem...
- Chinese buyers turn their noses up at new car smell
- Sheriff’s office more than ready for emergencies...in the bathroom
- Saving money by not paying the bill
• We spend taxpayer money on this...
• ...but hold back on this.
The Bawl Mill • Our Readers Say • States to Govern Own Roadless Areas • Corralling Those Pesky Platinum Group Metals • Turquoise Mining—Labor Intensive, But Worthwhile • Goldville, Alabama • Companies Scramble to Boost Copper Production • Mining Sisters Make History • Picks & Pans: The Perfect Paystreak • Using Rock Formations to Your Advantage • Significant Oil and Gas on Alaska's Central North Slope • Melman on Gold & Silver • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices