Oregon Miners File for Summary Judgment
January 2016 by Tom KitcharOn November 30, 2015, the Galice Mining District (with the support of the Waldo Mining District), along with several Oregon mining associations and individuals, filed a Motion for Summary Judgment against the State of Oregon and SB 838...
The verdict capped an unusual civil case that combined history, coin collecting and whether the $20 “double eagles” ever legally left the US Mint.
• Lawsuits galore
• Suction dredging saga continues
• HR 1937 to streamline permitting, remove obstacles to miners
• Sage-grouse debate continues
• More National Monuments
• US District Court rules against Oregon miners
• Bill to halt sage grouse management plans introduced.
Is there any hope for a solution? Yes, there is, and we’ve been working with Public Lands for the People, the Minerals and Mining Advisory Council, attorney James Buchal and others on that solution.
After many decades of closures, land-use restrictions, and over-regulation, miners and all other public land users may finally see some real relief due to the efforts of MMAC.
- Welcome changes in Washington, DC
- Giving power back to the people
• Big win by a California suction gold dredger
• Administration locks up another popular gold mining area
• BLM creates de facto wilderness without Congressional approval
The Bawl Mill • Ask The Experts • Ask The Experts • Ask The Experts • Ask The Experts • Detector Prospecting Accessories • Electrum: Gold and Silver Together • Drywashing Arizona Gold • Mineralized Faults and Contacts in the Search for Gold • Sunshine and Gold • A Successful Trip Through Gold Basin • The Significance of Nuggets in Placers • The Strange History of the Utica Mine • Forest Service Seeks to Lock Miners Out in South Dakota • Maitland Bar Nugget to Go On Display • Company Says Central Idaho Project Feasible • Melman on Gold & Silver • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices