Oregon Miners File for Summary Judgment
January 2016 by Tom KitcharOn November 30, 2015, the Galice Mining District (with the support of the Waldo Mining District), along with several Oregon mining associations and individuals, filed a Motion for Summary Judgment against the State of Oregon and SB 838...
• Judge orders reconsideration of “bi-state” sage grouse population in California and Nevada
• Environmental groups attempt to reinstate hard rock rule
• Judge refuses to grant preliminary injuction to end suction gold dredging moratorium in California
• Proposed listing of Yellow-legged frog and Yosemite Toad in northern California
We’ve heard from miners in Arizona about federal agencies closing off historic roads that provide access for miners, and we need your input.
- November elections
- Anti-mining ballot initiative rejected in Montana
An Assembly panel approved a measure to repeal the constitutional tax cap on net proceeds paid by mining companies in Nevada.
This ruling comes at an opportune time, just as suction dredge miners are dealing with new proposed regulations in several western states. Be sure to cite this case when you provide comments on the regulations!
The Bawl Mill • Ask The Experts • Ask The Experts • Ask The Experts • Ask The Experts • Detector Prospecting Accessories • Electrum: Gold and Silver Together • Drywashing Arizona Gold • Mineralized Faults and Contacts in the Search for Gold • Sunshine and Gold • A Successful Trip Through Gold Basin • The Significance of Nuggets in Placers • The Strange History of the Utica Mine • Forest Service Seeks to Lock Miners Out in South Dakota • Maitland Bar Nugget to Go On Display • Company Says Central Idaho Project Feasible • Melman on Gold & Silver • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices