BLM Raises Location and Claim Fees
August 2014 by Chris RalphThe Bureau of Land Management announced an increase in location filing fees and annual maintenance fees for unpatented mining claims, mill sites and tunnel sites.
• Bills introduced to stop federal management of greater sage grouse
• WOTUS under review
• Congressional Review Act
Landowners complained that mineral mining on or near their property could damage property values while leaving them without a cut of potential profits.
- Massive 660-page lands bill passed in the Senate
The settlement did not grant an immediate approval for the project, but it did begin to clear the way for the company to apply for federal permits—a path the Obama administration previously had thwarted.
• Court says ESA does not apply in some cases
• Comments needed for proposed critical habitat in several Western states
• EPA still trying to rewrite the Clean Water Act
• Enough already!
• Now is the time to act
• Battle continues in Oregon
• Stop annexation in Southern California
• EPA ignores Supreme Court ruling with new Idaho permit
• Alaska sues Feds to restore access rights
• California dredgers await next big court date
They want to close our roads on public land (built by taxpayer funds) to keep us and our disabled veterans out. And it won’t stop with just mining.
Bawl Mill • Ask the Experts • Ask the Experts • Conductive Minerals and Your Metal Detector • A Model Mining Operation • I Finally Made It to Northern Nevada • Clarification on Oregon's SB838 • Drilling for Ore • Sniping for Drought Gold • Successful Rally for Suction Dredge Miners in Idaho • Over the Divide • Gold Ores of the Delamar District, Nevada • Melman on Gold & Silver • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices