BLM Raises Location and Claim Fees
August 2014 by Chris RalphThe Bureau of Land Management announced an increase in location filing fees and annual maintenance fees for unpatented mining claims, mill sites and tunnel sites.
Another California Assembly member, Jared Huffman, is attempting to ban dredging in the state on a more permanent basis.
Since 2005, a group representing a handful of Oregon and Washington mining organizations, centered around the Eastern Oregon Mining Association (EOMA) and the Waldo Mining District (WMD), have been actively fighting the Oregon Department of Environmental Quality (DEQ) over their then new “700PM Suction Dredge Mining Permit.”
• Critical minerals a priority
• Montana miners win again
• MSHA backs down
• Environmental groups as foreign agents
- DOI to address threatened species
- 141 Confirmations still pending
- California withdrawals canceled
• Bill to address Forest Service Travel Management restrictions
• Suction gold dredging challenge finally under way
• EPA nullification bill fails in Idaho
• Another bad bill
- Bernhardt confirmed
- State of Montana to appeal Rock Creek decision
I’ve received quite a few inquiries from miners who are beginning to realize that traditional Mining Districts are powerful entities and they are looking to get their district organized if it’s in disarray.
Bawl Mill • Ask the Experts • Ask the Experts • Conductive Minerals and Your Metal Detector • A Model Mining Operation • I Finally Made It to Northern Nevada • Clarification on Oregon's SB838 • Drilling for Ore • Sniping for Drought Gold • Successful Rally for Suction Dredge Miners in Idaho • Over the Divide • Gold Ores of the Delamar District, Nevada • Melman on Gold & Silver • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices