Suction Gold Dredge Miners Win On Federal Preemption
February 2015 by Scott HarnJudge Ochoa went so far as to call the California permit scheme “unenforceable.”
...we packed up our two dredges and headed for our claim about an hour away on the South Fork of the Clearwater to dredge openly in opposition to the EPA.
• Hearing date moved up for preliminary injunction for California suction dredging
• Anti-mining bills in Oregon lead to recall effort
- Bernhardt confirmed
- State of Montana to appeal Rock Creek decision
Even if the California Supreme Court had ruled in favor of Rinehart, suction dredge miners would be facing the wrath of the State Water Resources Control Board...
- Bishop and Curtis seek to rein in Antiquities Act abuses
- Lands bill signed by President Trump
• Congress deals with other priorities
• Alaska miners get relief on state lands
- Massive 660-page lands bill passed in the Senate
The Bawl Mill • Ask the Experts • Ask the Experts • Ask the Experts • Mining Community Loses A Great Leader: Gerald "Jerry" Hobbs • Metal Detector Testing Methods • The Silver, Gold and Gemstones of Candelaria, Nevada • Mining for Non-Geologists Field Trip Offered by GSN • Gold in The Silver Crown District, Wyoming • Prospecting for Surface Flood Gold Placers on Low and Intermediate Gradient Streams • Introduction to Meteorites • Money In, Money Out • Melman on Gold & Silver