Suction Gold Dredge Miners Win On Federal Preemption
February 2015 by Scott HarnJudge Ochoa went so far as to call the California permit scheme “unenforceable.”
- Interior Department reigns in “sue and settle”
- Comments needed on Forest Service Part 228 regulations
• Oregon's attack on suction gold dredging
• New DOI Director nominated
• More Forest Service restrictions in the works
• California suction gold dredging
Unfortunately, mining is politically unpopular and support of the mining industry, no matter how many jobs it brings to a state, even in times of difficult financial need, is never popular among politicians of any stripe.
…I’ll be heading back to Washington, DC, on June 4 with Clark Pearson of PLP for nearly a week of meetings with the Mine Safety and Health Administration, US Forest Service, Environmental Protection Agency, and numerous members of Congress in both the House and Senate.
• California dredging update
• Favorable bills in Congress
NOI or POO for small backhoe
The Bawl Mill • Ask the Experts • Ask the Experts • Ask the Experts • Mining Community Loses A Great Leader: Gerald "Jerry" Hobbs • Metal Detector Testing Methods • The Silver, Gold and Gemstones of Candelaria, Nevada • Mining for Non-Geologists Field Trip Offered by GSN • Gold in The Silver Crown District, Wyoming • Prospecting for Surface Flood Gold Placers on Low and Intermediate Gradient Streams • Introduction to Meteorites • Money In, Money Out • Melman on Gold & Silver