July 2001 by Edgar B. Heylmun, PhDThe first reported occurrence of uranium in the United States was at Central City, Colorado, in 1871. However, prior to 1922, the ore was mined for its radium content, not uranium.
• The ESA used, and apparently abused, in Arizona and New Mexico
• In a somewhat related story...
• Among the numerous bills that died when Congress adjourned...
• More on the ESA
• Miners must present proof of filing, says IBLA
• Federal government backs mining project
• Appeals Court says Clinton roadless rule can stay
• 3809 Regulations—Letter Drive
• Environmental groups infiltrate National Park Service
• Interior Secretary Gale Norton chasties environmentalists over Klamath lawsuit
• EPA requests comments on Maximum Contaminant Level rule
In July 2008, the Marstons filed an administrative claim alleging that when US Forest Service employees or their agents entered upon the Marstons’ claims and bulldozed the shaft and trenches, they engaged in unlawful trespass, negligently destroyed property, and committed a nuisance...
Gatesville is not the only place to find easy public access for gold prospecting opportunities in Central Indiana.
In today’s economy, the question is often not whether to fix or replace equipment, fixtures, business assets or even the building housing the mining operation or mining-related business, it is which path is affordable.
Each separate Mining District is a federally recognized entity. There are huge advantages—picture yourself going to an oversight meeting where 2, 3, 4, or even more Mining District representatives have obtained voting positions on the board.
The Bawl Mill • Our Readers Say • Global Warming—The Press Gets it Wrong, Our Report Doesn't Support the Kyoto Treaty • Former Sunshine Miners Find Work in Montana • CMA Conference Summary • Washington Gold & Fish Update • Prospecting for Diamonds: Is It a Diamond or Crystal Quartz? • Basic Information About Gold Detectors • Oil Seeps in Northern California • Diamond Dealer Prevails in Congo • Company Notes • Picks & Pans: The Gold Bullion Mine • Arizona's Border Silver Camps • The Stonewall Jackson Mine, San Diego County, California • Proposal Submitted for Lab at Homestake • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices • Melman on Gold & Silver