The Public Process—Getting Involved and Making a Difference
August 2001 by Guest WriterThe purpose of this article is to give you a short overview of how to get involved in the management of your public lands. By no means can everything about public participation be covered in one short article, but you will find...
• There’s no place like home...
• To comply or not to comply, that is the question...
• Idaho maintains control
• Enough wilderness already
• Restraining the EPA
• Republicans on the attack
• DOI requests hard rock royalty
• New Forest Service plans
• Bill supporting small miners
• New mercury emission regs
• Latest info on California suction dredging
This same concept is true of many of our modern-day rivers, and we have to find out where their gold originated if we can.
The Bawl Mill • Our Readers Say • Pacific Northwest Miners Request Help • USFS Roadless Comments Reopened • Flat-Fault Gold • Basic Drywashing Principles • Fields of Gold • Picks & Pans: All That Glitters Pans Out Well! • De Beers Undergoes Overhaul • Gold in Michigan • Update on the West Mojave Desert Planning Area • 2001 Inductees to the National Mining Hall of Fame • Company Notes • The Spanish Silver of Mowry • Melman on Gold & Silver • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices