ICMJ's 11th Annual Photo Contest Results
January 2002 by StaffAs usual, the decision process was extremely difficult, but we managed to pick our 10 winners.
• Shrimp, no shrimp of a problem for LAX...
• Southern California also has the arroyo southwestern toad...
• What's that smell?
• Do you recognize the face on that milk carton?
• The debate over hockey
• Sir, what size and color bra do you prefer?
• Beam me up
• Can you explain a jig, Ainlay bowl, hammer mill?
In 1997, I had been working a hard rock claim in Lone Valley, Nevada with two partners. It was a small seam about one to two inches wide that had free gold up to 9 ounces per ton.
• A skeleton in the closet
• Taxpayers are buying beds
• America's pastime
Q: Can a voltmeter be used to determine the type of metal/mineral present in soil?
The Bawl Mill • Our Readers Say • NMFS Official Admits Bogus ESA Analyses • Glacial Gold in Ohio • Administration Officials Pledge to Work Closely With Miners • The Fort Knox Mine—1,200 Ounces a Day • Picks & Pans: Diamond Hunting in Wyoming • Aussie Gold—A Look at New South Wales • The Green Land-Grabbers: It's Not Just the Feds Who Are After Your Land • A Rich Gold Strike at Scossa • Company Notes • 3809 Drawing Winners • Melman on Gold & Silver • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices