August 2001 by Staff• Pure Gold Minerals Inc.
• International Freegold Mineral Development Inc.
• Hope Bay Gold Corp. Inc.
The same questions you ask yourself about gold trapping features in the present stream can be applied to the benches above the stream. Just imagine the stream at a much earlier time, before it cut its way down to the present level…
She said a few thoughts did cross her mind at the time; she thought maybe she should have looked more thoroughly for that hand-drawn map to the claim that we had given her the previous year.
The last US uranium mill ever built, in this parched landscape near Lake Powell, shut down quickly after it started operating as nuclear power fell into disfavor about two decades ago.
- PLF files petition with US Supreme Court on behalf of Oregon miners
- Land and Water Conservation Fund abuse by Forest Service
- Army asks for REE proposals
• 3809 Regulations—Letter Drive
• Environmental groups infiltrate National Park Service
• Interior Secretary Gale Norton chasties environmentalists over Klamath lawsuit
• EPA requests comments on Maximum Contaminant Level rule
When I started dredging a short distance downstream from that feature I realized that I was into a major paystreak and much of the gold was coming right out of the upper gravel. I could see the chunky pieces falling out of the gravel as they were pulled into...
A federal judge convicted Oregon miner Clifford Tracy of illegal mining while digging for gold on US Forest Service land.
The Bawl Mill • Our Readers Say • The Public Process—Getting Involved and Making a Difference • Pacific Northwest Miners Request Help • USFS Roadless Comments Reopened • Flat-Fault Gold • Basic Drywashing Principles • Fields of Gold • Picks & Pans: All That Glitters Pans Out Well! • De Beers Undergoes Overhaul • Gold in Michigan • Update on the West Mojave Desert Planning Area • 2001 Inductees to the National Mining Hall of Fame • The Spanish Silver of Mowry • Melman on Gold & Silver • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices