The Paradox Basin—Part II
August 2005 by Bill RichThe Atomic Energy Commission (AEC) was created soon after the war. One of their first deeds was to pass the Energy Act of 1946. This, among other things, provided monetary incentives for nearly every stage of mine development and operation.
Excerpts from CMJ published 50 years ago this month.
Excerpts from California Mining Journal, our original title, published 50 years ago this month.
A group of Pittsylvania County landowners sitting on 92 million pounds of uranium ore wants Virginia to end its 25-year ban on uranium mining.
Buoyed by higher copper prices, Chino Mines is reopening its ore concentrator and hiring workers.
• California Dept. of Fish & Game Stops Issuing Special Dredge Permits
• Clinton Advisor Defends Roadless Plan Process
• Forest Service to Seek Wilderness Status for Much of Chugach
- Some mining claim fees increase
- Oregon miners file appeal
- US Fish & Wildlife law enforcement policing powers restrained
The Bawl Mill • Our Readers Say • Greenstone Belts in Minnesota • A Sleeping Giant • Buying a Used Gold Dredge • Looking Back • Gold in Vermont • Picks & Pans: Prospecting on Perry Creek • 9th Circuit Court Hears Pilgrim Family Case • The First Mine in America • National Mining Hall of Fame to Induct Five • Melman on Gold & Silver • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices