The Financial Repercussions of the WTC Tragedy
October 2001 by Leonard MelmanIf the goal of the September 11 terrorists was to inflict maximum damage on the American psyche as well as American economy, they could hardly have picked a better target than the twin towers of the World Trade Center (WTC).
His small business managed to pump millions of dollars over the years into the California economy.
Once again, we've been deluged with telephone calls complaining about delivery of the International California Mining Journal...
• Sunshine State to the rescue
• Bezos to be banished from the planet?
• Would you like some water with that?
• EPA declares carbon dioxide a threat to environment
• Suction dredging update for California
• California Fish & Game director resigns
• More Merced River restrictions
I’m often asked, "What is the single most important skill to be successful at metal detecting?"
My largest nugget from this area is almost one-half ounce. I’ve found several smaller chunks and many pickers in addition to the fines and flakes that I put in my poke.
• The "no shrimp left behind" act
• Someone has exceeded their credit limit
The Bawl Mill • Our Readers Say: • Placer & Lode Gold Deposits • Spanish Silver in Arizona • Hog Mountain Mining, Past and Future • Picks & Pans: Dredging Costa Rica • Gold in Texas • The Goldhill Mining District • New Arsenic Study Supports Tougher Standards • Miners Resume Search for Platinum Near Platinum • Discoloring Assay Beads • Tons of Gold Buried Under World Trade Center • Gold Rush Ship Uncovered in San Francisco • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices • Melman on Gold & Silver • Permit Appears Likely for Rock Creek Mine