The Bawl Mill
August 2008 by Staff• Congress hits an all-time low
• FEMA—Federal Emergency MISmanagement Again...
• But everyone else is doing it...
The North American continent harbors a vast mountain fastness that few Anglo-Americans have seen—an awesome land cut by perpendicular canyons and towering peaks, a forbidding wilderness virtually unchanged...
• Pacific Legal Foundation files suit to de-list Klamath salmon
• Draft EIS on Suction Dredging in the Siskiyou National Forest
• More Siskiyou National Forest news
• District Court rules in favor of Nicolet Minerals
• State Supreme Court backs mining company
From time to time I’ve been doing a series on critical metals and how important they are to our complex and technological society. This month we are going to take a look at copper, and how important that metal is to our modern lives.
What are the steps for filing a mining claim?
Platinum is only one of a group of related metals that are referred to as platinum group metals (PGMs), because platinum in its native state usually contains all six metals of the group along with some iron.
Kimberlite is very difficult for geologists to find, let alone prospectors and rock hounds. This is because kimberlite is rarely exposed on the surface and few people know how to identify the rock.
• Office supplies—$83.00. Gas for your government car—$29.00. Using your government credit card to pay for your vacation—Priceless.
• Australian government creates a haven for criminals
Ask The Experts—What questions should I ask before investing in a gold mine? • Ask The Experts—Should I choose gold, silver or mining stocks? • From the Editor • Eight Reasons To Release Oil From The Strategic Petroleum Reserve • No Leprechaun Needed • Building A Mine—Dust Devil Sunstones • Remote Throttle Benefits Dredgers • Pickering Bar Revisited • John Fremont and the Gold Mines of Las Mariposas • The Pay Streak: Redefined With Metal Detectors • No Gas Needed • Melman on Gold & Silver • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices