Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices
August 2008 by Staff
Even the best of metal detectors are only capable of seeing a certain distance down into the sand, gravel and rock of a placer deposit. Once all the gold that can be reasonably seen by a metal detector has been harvested, it can be difficult to...
Actually, this mid-range gold zone can exist in any eluvial placer field with a shallow zone where the ground “tightens up” below the loosely packed surface dirt to harder packed dirt. However, its presence depends upon several factors:
• Bush puts Roadless Initiative on hold
• SWANCC v. US Army Corps of Engineers
• New Arizona monument added to lawsuit
• Clinton's mining moratorium in Siskiyou may not last
• County illegally used mining claims in land swap
• Montana Governor asks new interior secretary to turn over mineral rights
• Republican Representative from Nevada elevated to vice chairman on mining
If you do not have the time to read the entire document, I would suggest starting with the Executive Summary that begins on page 80.
• People in lead houses should not throw stones...
• The Anything-but-Affordable Care Act
• He's got a real ball and chain...
• Win a .357 Smith & Wesson?
The Bawl Mill • Ask The Experts—What questions should I ask before investing in a gold mine? • Ask The Experts—Should I choose gold, silver or mining stocks? • From the Editor • Eight Reasons To Release Oil From The Strategic Petroleum Reserve • No Leprechaun Needed • Building A Mine—Dust Devil Sunstones • Remote Throttle Benefits Dredgers • Pickering Bar Revisited • John Fremont and the Gold Mines of Las Mariposas • The Pay Streak: Redefined With Metal Detectors • No Gas Needed • Melman on Gold & Silver