Spanish Police Seize Ship in Treasure Fight
August 2007 by Associated PressSpanish Civil Guards heightened a battle over a $500 million treasure of gold and silver coins from a shipwreck when they seized a vessel belonging to a Tampa, Florida company.
• Homestake Mining Company
• Placer Dome Inc.
• AZCO Mining Inc.
• Guyana Diamond Corp.
• Canadian Mining Company, Ltd.
• Hecla Mining Company
• Pan American Silver Corp.
• Pruitt out at EPA
• NDAA still under negotiation
• AMRA’s California mining bill fails to reach floor vote
Q: What happened to the BLM web site geocommunicator.gov? We cannot get mining claim info any more. Can you write about this? Or if you did what volume and number? Thanks for keeping the ICMJ alive and well.
• NEPA improvements coming?
• Speaking of the Forest Service...
• Murkowski proposes tax increase on miners
• Kensington impact statement affirmed
• Rock Creek on hold, for now
• ESA reform update
• Desert Mineral Mining; one down, two to go for permits
• Montana smells a RAT
Due to the high demand for well paying jobs in the mining sector, and a robust mining industry in need of qualified workers, we’ve added an “Employment” section to our Mine Market (Classifieds) effective immediately.
The Canadian company that owns the Pebble Mine prospect has partnered with Anglo American to develop the Pebble project in Southwest Alaska.
The Bawl Mill • Ask the Experts • The Basics of Small-Scale Heap Leaching with Cyanide • Will California Dredging Survive? • Prospecting For Gold—The Osborne/Herman Hardrock Mine • Journeys in the Kingman Quadrangle • From Spanish Mine to Modern-Day Exploration: The Historic Gold-Silver Camp of Palmarejo • Looking Back • Gold Mine Proposed in Jefferson County • Melman on Gold & Silver • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices