Small Miner Beats Forest Service in Court
January 2013 by Scott HarnThomas Tierney has been a long-time subscriber to ICMJ’s Prospecting and Mining Journal and has read about the many battles between miners and overzealous regulators. Then he faced his own battle.
- Oregon miners petition US Supreme Court in Bohmker v. Oregon
- Wheeler receives hearing as EPA administrator
We can’t say it wasn’t expected. The California Department of Fish & Game released revised suction gold dredging regulations on February 17, 2012, and it’s obvious the agency wants to make life as difficult as possible for dredgers.
• Critical minerals obtain national security status
• Idaho to take over EPA permitting
• Pruitt out at EPA
• NDAA still under negotiation
• AMRA’s California mining bill fails to reach floor vote
• ESA changes for the better
We’ve heard from miners in Arizona about federal agencies closing off historic roads that provide access for miners, and we need your input.
- WOTUS rule finalized
- Reminder on new claim fees
The Bawl Mill • From the Editor • Ask the Experts • Iron Minerals, Your Detector and Gold • The Robinson Mine—Big Things Happen Here • Forty-Six Nuggets • Customizing Your Dredge • Using Vegetation and Soil Conditions as Prospecting Aids • Prospecting for Diamonds • Green Valley Reconnaissance • Gold Pour Signals Revival in the Mother Lode • Melman on Gold & Silver • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices